It’s an exciting time for graduates and the education community, not only do they face an improved job market, advancements in technology provide new avenues to expand and improve career training programs. During the next few weeks, community colleges will be applying for TAACCCT grants. As they think about creating and expanding partnerships between community colleges and businesses to educate and train the new workforce with skills employers need, they will consider new technologies to enhance industry engagements between students and employers. And Vidyo, will be prepared to help them with our FIS team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
VidyoConferencing is the perfect fit for career training needs. Vidyo brings a seamless visual communications solution to any program. It provides a platform that connects:
- students to instructors
- students to industry
- students to students
- students to workforce development
- instructor to expert
- instructor to industry
- instructor to instructor
- instructor to researcher
The result is that VidyoConferencing provides the industry with the ability to connect their workforce with degree and certification programs that allow for career growth and development.
VidyoConferencing is a software-based visual communications solution that makes the most of the investment that people have already made in endpoints and devices. It brings an affordable, easy-to-use videoconferencing platform to the distance learning room, PC, tablet and smartphone. And existing infrastructure investments in network and security can be harnessed without disruption. Vidyo easily connects to legacy equipment while using less bandwidth and provides dynamic adaptation across the network.
VidyoConferencing is used by higher education facilities for the delivery of course work and training, mentoring and leadership networks, career counseling and interviews, virtual job fairs, workforce and research collaboration, and student recruitment.
And recently, Vidyo announced its partnership with Internet2 to offer Net+ Vidyo services for access by member universities and thousands of
Vidyo meets and exceeds the needs of a learning networks while helping community colleges meet the requirements of TAACCCT. With VidyoConferencing, a community college can:
- deliver distance learning within an industry and across a county, region, state or national network, providing greater access for students who can participate from work or home while eliminating commute cost and time
- bring experts into the classroom, and connect what is happening in the classroom to what is needed in the targeted industry
- connect to industry partners and collaborate with research universities to develop curriculum
- connect community colleges and technical colleges with past TAACCCT awardees – this is essential to building out successful programs and developing leadership networks in the area of career readiness
- build a platform that provides for student recruitment, job interviewing and placement, and virtual job and career
- provide greater access for creating mentoring networks connecting students, instructors and industry experts who
can connect from their offices or homes
As community colleges build their TAACCCT program proposal, they may contact email@example.com for more information.
# # #
Marty Hollander is Vidyo’s SVP of Market Development. With more than 20 years of high-tech marketing experience, Marty specializes in developing lasting strategic assets through creative market development. Previously, Marty served as Vice President of Marketing at Cemaphore Systems, Latitude Communications (later acquired by Cisco) and ProactiveNet (later acquired by BMC). He also founded CollectiveSpace and IntelliCorp, where he played a variety of executive roles. Marty has also held senior level positions at Silicon Graphics and Storm Technology. Marty earned an MBA from Stanford University as well as an MS from Carnegie-Mellon University.