Vidyo engineering teams are always looking for ways to optimize our products with new features that create an ideal user experience. Today we released VidyoPortal v.3.2, providing users and administrators with even more enterprise-grade management tools available via a browser-based interface. The new features are focused on areas key to conferencing success such as enhanced mobile, security and management details.
- Control Meeting for Tablets – Now that the control meeting interface is in HTML and accessible via guest link, users can moderate conferences from any web-enabled tablet or browser without installing an app
- VidyoSlate for Android – This version of VidyoPortal adds support for VidyoSlate for Android which is in beta and available from the Google Play Store
- Password Policy Enforcement – Administrators can force password changes or setup account lockout rules for even better security
- Improved Certificate Management – Maintaining SSL certificates just got even easier with improved notifications including certificate expiration status and proactive alerts to eliminate surprise SSL expirations
- Customized Welcome Banners – Customized welcome banners are now available for users when they login to the system. This is useful for notifying users when maintenance will be performed or other important short bulletins
- Improved Call Detail Records (CDR) – Additional details make it easier for administrators to track usage for improved billing and analytics
- New License Key Format – License key files have been combined into a single file, making upgrades and new deployments easier to activate
- SNMP v3 Support – Vidyo now supports SNMP v3 and have added more traps and informs making monitoring of the systems more robust
- Syslog Support – VidyoPortal log events can be sent to your centralized syslog server
- System Console Update – Users can restart web services of the VidyoPortal directly from the system console
VidyoPortal v3.2 is a free upgrade for all users currently under maintenance and support contract. Click here to connect with a Vidyo representative to learn more about VidyoPortal 3.2!
Welcome banners are presented to users when they log into a VidyoConference. The text can be customized by the Vidyo administrator and is an excellent way of communicating important messages to users such as scheduled maintenance or upgrades.
The conference moderation page is HTML based and accessible from desktop and tablets without requiring the installation of an app. This makes moderating your conferences quick and convenient.