We just released updated VidyoRoom™ v3.2.4 software, providing users with high quality video conferencing and new scheduling capabilities. Now, VidyoRoom HD230 and VidyoPanorama™ customers have access to an enhanced feature set, including Ultra HD (4K) capabilities unlike any other video conferencing solutions on the market today. Additionally, joining a scheduled meeting from your room system has never been easier with an enhanced calendar integration feature.
Here are more details on some of new features available with VidyoRoom v3.2.4, available via a free software upgrade included with a customer’s annual maintenance subscription:
- Phenomenal 4K Performance: Richer collaboration is possible with the ability to display highly detailed content that is greater than HD resolution on a 4K display in full native resolution. No information is lost in down scaling, allowing all participants to see content in full detail. Ultra HD quality is especially helpful when showing dense spreadsheets, fine detail CAD drawings, hi-res artwork for marketing campaigns, or any content where detail matters. Some additional benefits include:
- In multipoint calls, each participant tile is higher resolution for better clarity. With a 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution display there are enough pixels to view 4 x 1080p participants in native resolution. At that size and quality, you’ll feel like the remote participant is standing on the other side of a glass panel instead of miles away in front of a camera.
- Customers can save time and money on installations of new rooms by hanging a single larger 4K display rather than multiple 1080p displays. The result is also aesthetically more pleasing.
- Exchange Calendar Integration: When scheduling meetings in physical rooms, most organizations reserve the space by adding a Microsoft® Exchange entry for that room to their calendar invite. Now you can associate that active directory entry with the VidyoRoom system so that any meetings booked will appear on the VidyoRoom user interface. Even better, if the meeting is scheduled to have remote participants and includes a Vidyo click-to-connect link, that meeting becomes a single click card on screen so that participants can simply tap to join. Additionally, the VidyoRoom control API has been extended to enable third party control systems, such as Crestron® and AMX®, to take advantage of the new calendaring functionality. It’s never been easier to join a Vidyo meeting.
There are many other features enhancements in this release. Please check the release notes for more details and software dependencies. Visit the Vidyo Support Portal for more details on what’s new and get upgraded today!
#VidyoToolbox posts highlight new product updates and features across the Vidyo portfolio. Stay tuned for continued updates!
* VIDYO®, Vidyo logos and icons and trademarks of the VIDYO™ family of products are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vidyo, Inc., registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and/or in other jurisdictions. Microsoft® is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.