One fish, two fish, three fish…Go!
When fish swim in the same direction in a coordinated manner, it’s called “schooling.” Fish evolved to swim in schools to improve foraging, swim more efficiently, and to protect themselves from predators. Just as schooling is essential to the livelihood to an individual fish, at Vidyo we believe a strong user adoption program is essential to the livelihood of a new technology. To create new behaviors via user adoption, however, you must understand the motivations that influence user behaviors.
In today’s technology driven work environment, often employees are living in a world of digital overload – faced with new software landing on their computer, smart phone or tablet almost daily. At the same time IT staff is required to support multiple technology initiatives with a scarcity of resources amidst launching new technology to the rest of the workforce. As a result, many companies struggle to motivate their employees to embrace newly implemented software, there are simply too many competing priorities.
How do companies find the harmonious balance to get every benefit from their technology investments and ensure those investments are being adopted and fully leveraged? They can start by investing in an innovative user adoption program that embeds technology into workflows to enhance productivity and motivates employees to use the software in their daily work.
Top 5 Tips for Driving User Adoption:
- Create a strategic program plan with Executive sponsorship that assesses organizational objectives in alignment with the solution launch to support your plans for business process transformation.
- Promote a tactical awareness campaign that includes a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy to motivate, inspire and prepare employees for the launch.
- Provide ongoing training and support resources aligned with workflows and use cases designed to influence how the solution can be used in daily work.
- Leverage champions. As employees begin to make the solution part of their everyday workflow, they become powerful advocates, exploring new ways to use and evangelize its benefits to others.
- Incorporate feedback and share success stories once the solution is live to show how it is impacting company objectives and goals.
Need some help getting started with user adoption?
Our expert consulting, workflow design, and change management practices bring high touch professional services to customers and drive customer satisfaction. Learn more or about our user adoption packages here. Engage Vidyo’s Adoption Services Team now!
Here are a few success stories from Vidyo customers who have embraced user adoption programs:
A large cloud hosting company generated great excitement with their awareness campaign by producing posters, tabletop displays, banners, and customized videos to educate their employees about the benefits of Vidyo. They invested in a strong user adoption approach and successfully on boarded six thousand employees in the first 6-months of their launch.
“Fortunately throughout our experience with Vidyo there has been an emphasis on collaborating with us to provide the most effective training material and presentations to make the user experience a positive one. The efforts have resulted in identifying and eliminating system issues or stumbling blocks, which would have been missed in the absence of these efforts. I can say that we are impressed and thrilled by the efforts of Vidyo’s Adoption Services, who have provided us premier class customer treatment and high quality artifacts.” – Anonymous, Project Manager for Financial Services and Banking Company
Visit our Vidyo Knowledge Center to access quick tutorials on how to use Vidyo
Register for our free instructor-led training that including topics such as feature highlights, etiquette best practices, and getting started with Vidyo products