Today, Vidyo announced VidyoMobile, a groundbreaking solution enabling enterprise mobile users on iOS or Android-based smart phones or tablets to join multipoint video conferences with desktops and HD room system participants.
“By enabling devices like smart phones and tablets to participate effectively in video conferences with room systems and desktop users, VidyoMobile is a giant step in making Vidyo’s vision of natural communications universally available a reality,” said Ofer Shapiro, CEO and co-founder of Vidyo. “VidyoMobile delivers HD multipoint mobile video conferencing to the enterprise, untethering users and turning popular tablets and smart phones into high performance video communication endpoints with quality available only on desktop computers to date.”
Vidyodemonstrated the first TV quality multipoint video conference on a smart phone during the keynote address at CES 2010 and this year, Vidyo was honored at CTIA for Mobile Leadership and Innovation with the 2011 Mobility Trax Award for Enterprise Mobility / Mobile Video Conferencing.
Vidyo’s communication and collaboration platform was licensed last year by Elisa Corporation of Finland which released the first commercially available mobile multipoint video conferencing service on the Samsung Galaxy Tab and smart phone – the first such service on any telecom network.
Vidyo used its SDK to enable the Apple iPad 2 to participate in HD 720p multipoint video conferencing within hours of general availability of the device… and today, Vidyo was honored and delighted to be announced as a Finalist for the “Best of Interop” award!
- Full Vidyo press release: “Vidyo Wins 2011 Mobility Award at CTIA for Outstanding Mobile Video Conferencing and Collaboration Solution“
- Vidyo Blog post with a video demo of VidyoConferencing on a iPad 2: “See it NOW: Vidyo conferences on iPad 2!“
- Vidyo Blog post with a video demo of VidyoConferencing on a Galaxy Tab: “Telepresence: Coming soon to a Galaxy Near You“
- Jim O’Neill’s article in FierceVOIP: “VidyoMobile teleconferencing available on iOS, Android devices“
- Full Vidyo press release: “Elisa Corporation to Pilot First Multi-Party TV-Quality Video Conferencing on Smart Phones and Tablets“
- Full VidyoRouter Cloud Edition press release: “Vidyo Architecture Offers Unmatched Scalability and Economics for Large Enterprise and Carrier Video Conferencing”