Today, Vidyo announced VidyoMobile, a groundbreaking solution enabling enterprise mobile users on iOS or Android-based smart phones or tablets to join multipoint video conferences with desktops and HD room system participants.
“By enabling devices like smart phones and tablets to participate effectively in video conferences with room systems and desktop users, VidyoMobile is a giant step in making Vidyo’s vision of natural communications universally available a reality,” said Ofer Shapiro, CEO and co-founder of Vidyo. “VidyoMobile delivers HD multipoint mobile video conferencing to the enterprise, untethering users and turning popular tablets and smart phones into high performance video communication endpoints with quality available only on desktop computers to date.”
Vidyodemonstrated the first TV quality multipoint video conference on a smart phone during the keynote address at CES 2010 and this year, Vidyo was honored at CTIA for Mobile Leadership and Innovation with the 2011 Mobility Trax Award for Enterprise Mobility / Mobile Video Conferencing.
Vidyo’s communication and collaboration platform was licensed last year by Elisa Corporation of Finland which released the first commercially available mobile multipoint video conferencing service on the Samsung Galaxy Tab and smart phone – the first such service on any telecom network.
Vidyo used its SDK to enable the Apple iPad 2 to participate in HD 720p multipoint video conferencing within hours of general availability of the device… and today, Vidyo was honored and delighted to be announced as a Finalist for the “Best of Interop” award!
– Full Vidyo press release: “Vidyo Wins 2011 Mobility Award at CTIA for Outstanding Mobile Video Conferencing and Collaboration Solution”
– Vidyo Blog post with a video demo of VidyoConferencing on a iPad 2: “See it NOW: Vidyo conferences on iPad 2!“
– Vidyo Blog post with a video demo of VidyoConferencing on a Galaxy Tab: “Telepresence: Coming soon to a Galaxy Near You”
– Jim O’Neill’s article in FierceVOIP: “VidyoMobile teleconferencing available on iOS, Android devices”
– Full Vidyo press release: “Elisa Corporation to Pilot First Multi-Party TV-Quality Video Conferencing on Smart Phones and Tablets”
– Full VidyoRouter Cloud Edition press release: “Vidyo Architecture Offers Unmatched Scalability and Economics for Large Enterprise and Carrier Video Conferencing”
About Vidyo, Inc.Vidyo is the leader in integrated video collaboration for businesses that require the highest quality, real-time video communications available to directly embed into their business processes. Millions of users around the world visually connect every day with Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. Vidyo has been awarded over 170 patents worldwide and is recognized by industry analysts for its cloud platform and APIs. Thousands of enterprises, service providers, and technology partners leverage Vidyo’s technology to create innovative HD quality video-enabled applications. Learn more at www.vidyo.com, on the blog, or follow Vidyo on Twitter @vidyo and on Facebook.
The VIDYO logo is a registered trademark of Vidyo, Inc., VIDYO and the trademarks of the VIDYO family of products are trademarks of Vidyo, Inc. and the other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Many of the products and features described herein remain in varying stages of development and will be offered on a when-and-if available basis. The product plans, specifications, and descriptions are provided for information only and are subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Vidyo reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.